Oklahoma Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: August 11th, 2023

For those licensed social workers in other states looking to practice in Oklahoma, obtaining licensure is a straightforward process. Oklahoma has agreements with some states, and you can be granted a license by reciprocity. If you’re licensed in a state that does not have an agreement with Oklahoma, apply for licensure by endorsement. As long as the rules in your state are equivalent to or more stringent than Oklahoma’s requirements, you will receive the license you applied for.

Simply fill out an application and submit it to the Board. Attach a Verification of Licensure form and contact the ASWB to have your exam scores sent to the Board for approval. Once the Board confirms your eligibility, you can begin practicing as a social worker in Oklahoma.