Maine Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: May 9th, 2022

The reciprocity agreement is a way for out-of-state social work license holders to practice in Maine provided they meet the requirements for a Maine social work license. 

To practice social work in Maine as an out-of-state license holder, you will have to apply for the particular license in Maine. All the necessary documents required for each licensure must be provided as well as the associated fees paid. In addition to that, you must also provide the following:

  • A copy of your out-of-state social license,
  • A copy of the state licensure act under which you were licensed and
  • A filled or completed verification of licensure form.