West Virginia Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) Licensure Process
The next level is the LGSW which requires a master’s degree in social work from an accredited program. The scope of practice for a graduate social worker includes:
- All duties of an LSW and provisional social worker
- Conduct social work education to formally teach social work methodology and theories to bachelor’s and master’s level students.
- Conduct clinical services within the supervision of another experienced behavioral health professional. That includes individual, group, and family methodologies.
The applicant for LGSW should hold a master’s degree in social work coming from an accredited program by the CSWE. Here you can find all schools offering social work degree programs in West Virginia.
All applicants for LGSW are required to pass the intermediate-level state social work exam from the ASWB. To prepare for the exam, you can visit the essential resources for candidates.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- A completed application form which you can find here.
- Pay the appropriate fee for the license.
- Submit proof of your degree. Request transcripts from your school regarding your master’s program.
- Pass the ASWB examination.