Kansas Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: April 21st, 2022

Even though Kansas does not currently have a formal reciprocity agreement in place with other states, licensed social workers from other jurisdictions can apply for licensure by reciprocity by completing the Application For Licensure Through Reciprocity. To be eligible, you must have an active clinical social work license or an independent social work license that permits the independent diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders. If your record shows a felony conviction or a conviction for a misdemeanor against a person, you must complete the Conviction Packet.

Other supplemental documents include proof your current state license is equivalent to the requirements needed in Kansas to obtain licensure. However, if you are a clinical social worker who has practiced for at least ten years and are applying for an LSCSW, an exception may be made for you. Be sure to include the applicable licensing fee.