Washington Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: October 3rd, 2022

Licensure by Reciprocity

Washington does not currently have a reciprocity agreement with any other states. Licensed social workers from other jurisdictions are required to submit an application for an LASW or LICSW license and have their exam scores transferred to the Department. You will also have to submit a Credential Verification form to the state or jurisdiction that granted your license. They will then fill out the required information and return the form to the Department at:

Washington State Department of Health
P.O. Box 47877
Olympia, WA 98504-7877

Check with the jurisdiction you’re contacting to find out if there is a fee required for license verification.