Reinstating Lapsed Connecticut Social Worker License Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: May 20th, 2022

Reinstating a Lapsed License

If you were unable to renew your licensure and want to reinstate it, you need to submit the following documents directly to the DPH from the source:

  • Complete the application form and have it notarized. Submit it along with your photo and the $220 fee.
  • Submit your curriculum vitae or a synopsis of your professional activity since completing your master’s degree.
  • A verification that you achieved seven hours of continuing education in the one year preceding the date of application to reinstate the license.
  • Verification of an out-of-state license you held, if applicable.

The application process to get a social worker license in the state of Connecticut is straightforward. It can be done at the convenience of your home since the forms are all online. You only need to coordinate sending the documents to the office from their source. You do not need to bring them in person.

Some of the requirements can take some time, but the wait will be worth it. Remember to read all the reminders from the Connecticut State Department of Public Health. The department has specific instructions on how to deal with the different steps of the application. Doing so will ensure that you do not encounter delays or problems with the process.

If you encounter problems, you can contact the office by phone at (860) 509-7603 or by sending an email to The DPH is ready to address your concerns or clarifications.

If you have questions or clarifications about the exam, you can contact ASWB directly. You can call 800 225 6880 for general information or 888 579 3926 for candidate services.

Becoming a social worker is an opportunity to improve not only your life but change the lives of other people in your community. You can start and make a difference by starting your application today.