Hawaii Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: April 21st, 2022

State licensing boards may enter into agreements to mutually recognize equivalent licenses. The license of your former practice state must have requirements greater than or equal to those of the Hawaii equivalent. If you are licensed in another state, the Hawaii Social Work Licensing Board may have entered an agreement with your state. In this case, you can notify the department to grant you an automatic license to operate in Hawaii. 

If your state doesn’t have a Social Works Reciprocity Agreement with Hawaii, check if your license qualifications are the same as those of Hawaii. If your license requirements are the same or greater than the Hawaii equivalent, you can apply for licensure. 

Simply fill out the application form for the particular license. Submit every other necessary document and information such as your ASWB results. The director can issue a license by endorsement if you pass your ASWB and meet other eligibility requirements.