District of Columbia Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: May 20th, 2022

Social Work Licensure By Endorsement

A social worker who has an out-of-state license in good standing can apply for licensure by endorsement in Washington DC. You need to earn similar requirements under the district guidelines.

The application process is similar as you need to submit a new license application form to the board along with supplemental documentation. You will also need to submit:

  • Verification of licensure
  • Official ASWB score transfer report
  • Copy of your current license
  • Payment of the $230 fee for licensure by endorsement