Wyoming Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: May 20th, 2022

Social Work License Reciprocity

The state of Wyoming offers social work licensure by reciprocity for CSW and LCSW. Your out-of-state social work license should have been issued with equivalent or more stringent requirements as compared to Wyoming.

What that means is if you are licensed as a social worker in another state, you do not have to go through the same process of licensure to practice in Wyoming. You can provide your credentials to the licensing board, and they will determine what level you qualify for.

To apply for this, complete the reciprocity application and submit it to the licensing board along with:

  • Documents to verify your current social work license
  • ASWB scores
  • Pay the appropriate fee based on your application.

Upon submission of requirements, the licensing board will review if you qualify. The board will contact you once a decision is made. If you qualify, you will receive your social work license.