Maryland Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: May 9th, 2022

License reciprocity is not available in Maryland. If you have a license in another state currently, you may be able to get a Maryland social work license through endorsement. To qualify, you must hold a social work license equivalent to that issued by the Maryland Board of Social Work. Furthermore, the license must have been gained by passing an exam.

If you have been practicing as a social worker in another jurisdiction for less than five years, you can apply for Maryland social work licensure by endorsement online at a fee of $100. All the requirements provided in the Endorsement For Less Than 5 Years checklist must be provided as well.

If you have been practicing for 5 out of the last 10 years, apply for the licensure by endorsement providing all the items listed in the Endorsement For Greater Than 5 Years checklist. The application fee is $100.