Kentucky Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: April 21st, 2022

There is no formal reciprocity licensing agreement with other states for social work. If you are licensed in another state and want to attain licensure in Kentucky, you have to go through the same process as a first-time licensee and pay the associated fees. You will have to provide your official transcript from a CSWE-accredited college or university, your ASWB exam scores, and documentation from the state you’re licensed in to verify your credentials.

LCSW applicants must supply documents that show they’ve received 200 hours of supervised experience from an LCSW or have practiced as an independent clinical social worker for five years.