Iowa Social Worker License by Endorsement Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: April 21st, 2022

If you are a licensed social worker in another state and looking to move to Iowa, submit an application for the level of licensure you’re qualified to obtain and pay the license fee to the Board. The license requirements for the state you were issued a license in but be equivalent to Iowa’s requirements. Along with the application, you must also supply your ASWB exam scores and documentation to verify your current license.

Verification of your license includes license issue date, expiration date, and pending or past disciplinary action if applicable. You can print the information directly from the other state’s licensing Board’s website if it contains all the needed information. If web-based verification is unavailable, the data must be sent directly to the Board by the state the applicant is licensed, registered, or certified.