Illinois Social Worker License by Reciprocity Guide - 2024

Social Worker License

by Social Worker License Staff

Updated: April 21st, 2023

Licensed social workers in other states can apply for licensure endorsement to practice in Illinois. You must meet the Illinois state requirements for Licensed Social Workers or Licensed Clinical Social Workers and fill out the application form (LSW and LCSW application forms on this page). Your current license must be active, and you cannot have any open disciplinary action. Submit the form with any supplemental documents, including your ASWB exam scores and a $200 application fee.